Roles and ResponsibilitiesAbout Role : 24x7 Management (monitor, maintain, and control) of database systems in the PTC Cloud Services environments, including Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle and PostgreSQL. The applications are revenue generating, externally facing databases under stringent SLAs. The position will work closely with R&D, Support and the Network Operations Center (NOC). In addition to operational DBA tasks, the position will work closely with Developers to design and build/modify appropriate structures to support future enhancements and provide guidance on efficient database access methods.
• Assist in the maintenance and operations of multiple database environments
• Assists with regular maintenance of the databases including backups, restores, archiving, and review of logs for errors or potential problems
• Regularly review space capacity and perform tasks to manage space usage
• Collaborate with other operational DBAs, developers, and infrastructure teams
• Work closely with development teams on activities such as schema definition, PL/SQL, stored procedures and triggers
• Installation, Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
• Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
• Ability to complete tasks and produce appropriate deliverables within project time schedules
• Proficient with the use of SQL server Profiler and other Administration tools.
• Designs, implements, and periodically tests the database backup and recovery procedures
• Participate in the on-call schedule
Required Skills and Experience:
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent in computer science or related field
• 2-4 years as a Database Administrator
• Extensive experience with AWS,Azure on Cloud Platforms
• Exposure to Oracle and PostgreSQL in production environments highly desirable
• Mid-level skills with Linux (Red Hat & derivatives) and Windows Server 2008 and later
• Excellent written and verbal communication
UG:Any Graduate in Any Specialization
PG:Any Postgraduate in Any Specialization
Doctorate:Any Doctorate in Any Specialization
PTC Software India Pvt. Ltd
PTC (NASDAQ: PTC) unleashes industrial innovation with award-winning, market-proven solutions that enable companies to differentiate their products and services, improve operational excellence, and increase workforce productivity. With PTC, and its partner ecosystem, manufacturers can capitalize on the promise of today's new technology to drive digital transformation. Headquarters- Boston, Massachusetts Founded- 1985 Specialties- Product Development Solutions, PLM - Product Lifecycle Management, CAD- Computer Aided Design, Internet of Things, Application Lifecycle Management, Service Lifecycle Management, Supply Chain Management, Augmented Reality, virtual reality, digital transformation, Indsutrial IoT, digital twin, and additive manufacturing.
View Contact Details+