Roles and Responsibilities
About PTC (NASDAQ: PTC)
PTC enables global manufacturers to realize double-digit impact with software solutions that enable them to accelerate product and service innovation, improve operational efficiency, and increase workforce productivity. In combination with an extensive partner network, PTC provides customers flexibility in how its technology can be deployed to drive digital transformation – on premises, in the cloud, or via its pure SaaS platform. At PTC, we don't just imagine a better world, we enable it.
Job Title- Cloud NOC Engineer
Job Location: Gurgaon, Haryana, India
About Role:PTC Cloud NOC Engineer ensures uptime and availability of the PTC Cloud Services portfolio across all PTC solutions, by leveraging foundational troubleshooting techniques and frameworks to identify and resolve incidents detected by monitoring platforms or customer engagements.Engineer is responsible for monitoring all NOC alerts and events, focusing on quick and immediate incident resolution
Day to Day Activities:
- Consumes monitoring platforms and reacts to alerts in order to keep the environment running optimally
- Monitors the NOC queue and ensures that all incidents are responded to and resolved in a timely fashion
- Monitor aging incidents in the queue to make sure that customer SLA's are not breached
- Monitors all the alerting queues across all monitoring applications to make sure that all alerts are attended to.
- Submits new incidents in ITSM platform for all monitors and alerts that need further actions for troubleshooting
- Escalates issues to Incident Management team members in Cloud, that need more technical troubleshooting skills
- Performs trend analysis of incidents on customer environments and takes appropriate action to stabilize the environments.
- Work in 24x7 environment
Preferred Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong command line Linux Skills
- Awareness/experience of Public Cloud like Azure and/or AWS
- Awareness/experience with Catchpoint, Zabbix, Icinga monitoring software or something comparable
- Experience with Pagerduty and Sumologic is preferred
- Experience using a Ticketing System like Salesforce or Service Now
- Strong, proven diagnostic and Troubleshooting Skills
- Basic understanding of web technologies like Apache and JBOSS
- Ability to logically prioritize tasks and schedule work accordingly
- Ability to Interact with customers of any designation.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Strong motivation to learn new technologies
- Able to work and contribute to a team environment
- Flexible, detail oriented and organized with the ability to multitask and work independently
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- 2-4 years with Linux skills and ticketing tools.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in computer science or related field
With a culture that is innovative, inclusive, and inspiring, PTC is the perfect place to build a fulfilling career. We are a diverse ecosystem of more than 6,000 employees worldwide who are making an impact on the industry and on the world. We are passionate, ambitious, and bold. We embrace change and celebrate employees who are challenging the status quo. Innovation happens every day and within every team at PTC. We are curious, lifelong learners who also like to have fun!
At PTC, we believe in the power of diverse ideas and perspectives. As a global company that values and respects all identities, cultures, and perspectives, we strive to create an inclusive PTC for ALL through an environment where everyone feels like they belong and are empowered to bring their true, authentic selves to work. Proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds and hire without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, ethnicity, ancestry, marital status, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic identity, disability, or veteran status.
UG:Any Graduate - Any Specialization
PG:Any Postgraduate - Any Specialization
Doctorate:Any Doctorate - Any Specialization
PTC Software India Pvt. Ltd